AccessTOL is a program designed to ensure travelers with disabilities have able access to all services at Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport.
A Social Story Presentation
The following video presentation is a resource to help those with disabilities feel comfortable traveling through Toledo Express.
- TOL’s website includes a website ADA compliance subscription called AccessiBe, which offers website features such as seizure safe, vision impaired, ADHD friendly and screen readers.
TSA Special Needs
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for transitioning passengers through the airport's security check points. Learn more about TSA procedures for people with special needs here.
- If you have any medical devices, such as syringes or special apparatuses that might be questioned at the security check point, you should check with your airline in advance of the flight to confirm the requirements.
Please notify the TSA officer that you have diabetes and are carrying your supplies with you. Insulin pumps and supplies must be accompanied by insulin, and insulin in any form or dispenser must be clearly identified. For more information, see TSA special procedures.
If you need assistance with screening, you may ask for a Passenger Support Specialist or a Supervisory TSA Officer.
Devices containing lithium metal or lithium ion batteries should be carried in carry-on baggage. Most other consumer electronic devices containing batteries are allowed in carry-on and checked baggage.
For more information to portable electronic devices, see the FAA regulations.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed past security check points. However, many airlines are issuing special "companion passes" to non-travelers assisting travelers with disabilities or children traveling alone that allow them to accompany passengers with special needs to the gates. Travelers should check directly with the airlines they are traveling on to see what options are available.
- Wheelchairs are available in terminal on first come, first served basis.
For more amenities, please click here.
Other Helpful Resources
Thank you to our partners!